To contribute to this page -- names, addresses, publications, announcements, photos, or links to related pages -- click here.
- The Repass Family Newsletter recently won the top award for family newsletters at the National Genealogical Society conference. It is published twice yearly by Beverly Repass Hoch, P.O. Box 505, Wytheville VA 24382. The newsletter is available for a $10 yearly donation to the Jacob Repass Memorial Fund. Recent features in the Repass Family Newsletter include:
- a name index for the newsletter, with over 1,500 names
- an obituary for Willie Rippas, the last person with the name of Rippas in the Repas ancestral town of Zeifen, Switzerland
- the haunting letters of Gordon Repass, of the Army of Northern Va., to his wife and children. He was captured 3 days before Lee's surrender only to die in a prison camp
- From Ziefen to Sally Run: Swiss Pioneer Jacob Repass (1734- 1814) on the American Frontier, by Beverly Repass Hoch. 1993, privately printed. Reprinted May 2001: details are at http://www.repass.net.
- Some Descendants of HANS JACOB REPASS (1737-1814) and HANNA GERBER REPASS (1739-c1810), by Vera Ross Boyatt, 1305 Big Spring Rd., Maryville TN 37801. Privately printed. An extensive genealogy with many historical anecdotes.
- Pioneers of the Virginia Bluegrass (and their descendants), by George B. Gose, privately printed in Radford Va. This book has a wealth of information on descendants of Hans Jacob Repass.