On-Campus Foreign Language Placement Exams
On-campus Foreign Language Placement Exams may be required for Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
You do not need to take the on campus Foreign Language Placement Exam if:
- you do not wish to study a foreign language.
- you will be starting a new foreign language.
- you have taken the College Board Advanced Placement Test or Achievement Test (SAT II) in Russian only, and you plan to continue studying Russian, your score will provide us with the necessary information for placement.
You do need to take the on campus Foreign Language Placement Exam if:
- you wish to continue your study of Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, or Korean language.
- you wish to continue your study of Russian and you have not taken the Russian College Board Advanced Placement Test or Achievement Test (SAT II).
If you have studied Classical Greek in high school, please contact the Classics Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for placement information.
2017 On Campus Placement Exam Schedule
The following exams will take place Friday, August 25, 2017 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Arabic - Seigle Room 103
Chinese - Seigle Room L006
Hebrew - Seigle Room 208
Hindi - Seigle Room 104
Japanese - Seigle Room 304
Korean - Seigle Room 109
Russian - Seigle Room 106
Students must register online (webform site link) to take a Foreign Language Placement Exam.